Apply to Plan International Gender Lens Incubator
Plan International is launching the Disrupt4Her Incubator in Kenya powered by Circle Innovation and GrowthAfrica to support early-stage businesses to launch their innovations in the market. The 4-month incubation program will focus on early-stage businesses building products and services that enhance the lives of women and girls, particularly in low-income communities in Kenya. Disrupt4Her Incubator will provide training support in business fundamentals, hands-on market testing, and validation support. In addition, you are eligible for financing of up to EUR 10,000 and post-financing support.
- Do you have a formally registered business in Kenya?
- Do you have a minimum viable product that focuses on enhancing the lives of women and girls, particularly within low-income communities?
- Are you looking for support to launch your innovation in the market within the next six months?
Then this is for you! Apply here for the Plan International Disrupt4Her Incubator in Kenya powered by Circle Innovation and GrowthAfrica. Please find more information about the Disrupt4Her Incubator here. We will also be having a Q&A Webinar on 10th January 2023 at 4 PM EAT which you can register for here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
This call for applications is open to both women-owned and male-owned businesses headquartered in Kenya. We highly encourage women-owned businesses to apply! We also highly encourage businesses from outside Nairobi to apply! A stipend will be provided for accommodation and transport in Nairobi for the time of the incubator for businesses attending from outside of Nairobi.
You do not have to meet all criteria to be considered.
- Business stage: Minimum viable product that focuses on enhancing the lives of women and girls. This includes tested prototypes that are ready to be taken to the next stage of product development. We also encourage more developed businesses to apply.
- Product or service: the solution should be targeted to enhance the lives of women and girls, ideally in low-income communities.
- Location: Anywhere in Kenya
- Highly encouraged: Gender intentionality of the company and the leadership